The Builder is responsible for the on-site construction activities and coordination for assigned projects; Successfully completes each project with coordination, detailed scheduling, and complete inspections. Builder must meet our company’s expectations for customer satisfaction and quality. This position will report to the VP of Construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in budgeting time requirements to complete each phase of construction and meet deadlines by scheduling subcontractor work and deliveries, coordinates and monitors progress of work, completion and closing dates by ensuring that all the necessary supplies, tools, machinery, equipment and vehicles are on-site as needed
- Acts as a liaison between operations, subcontractors and vendors; supervises and monitors work of subcontractors; provides follow-up to ensure completion of work and accurate, timely deliveries
- Reviews the production of homes (on a daily basis) via inspections during various construction phases to ensure quality control
- Reviews and analyzes site plans and blueprints in order to monitor and ensure compliance with plan specifications and building codes
- Utilizes email, scheduling software and Job Status Reports to maintain an efficient work flow
- Conducts pre-construction and pre-settlement meetings with home buyers; resolves customer service issues and production problems during construction phase to maintain customer satisfaction; completes finishing and warranty work as required
- Assists in the control of production costs through review and approval of time sheets, production and service invoices, delivery and inspection sheets; works with office personnel to monitor and track costs to avoid budget overages
- Provides and applies appropriate training methods and standards to subordinates and subcontractors; monitors and enforces safety and company policy compliance
- Directly supervises subordinates and assists in the supervision of subcontractors; carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Assists with special projects as requested and performs additional duties as required
- Adaptability and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with the ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Decisiveness and problem-solving abilities to select alternative courses of action within budget limitations.
- Customer service-oriented with good interpersonal skills; good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people both inside and outside the organization.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or College graduate
- At least 3 years of related residential construction experience with a good knowledge of the home building industry.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and a clean driving record
- Ability to pass Drug Screening
- Ability to work in undesirable conditions (due to weather, potentially dangerous job sites, etc.) for periods of time with the necessary safety precautions/equipment
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude
- Strong work ethic, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Copes well under pressure
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Base Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Bonus program available, tied to warranty goals and performance metrics
- Medical and Dental paid by employer at 100%
- 401k eligibility after 1 year
- Paid Vacation eligibility
- Great corporate culture and working environment.
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your resume to Mike Crawford at [email protected] with “Builder – Baldwin County” in the subject line.