The person in this position will be responsible for managing the Starts Process for all new homes, which includes preparing permit applications and putting together the Start Package for each home. In addition, this position will assist the Customer Care Manager with certain administrative duties within the Customer Care (Warranty) Department. As well, this position will assist with various administrative duties for the Construction team. This position will report to the VP of Construction and assist in process implementation and special projects.
The position requires an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, be detail oriented, self-sufficient, dependable, maintain good judgment, be eager to learn, and have a professional, supportive attitude. This position will also have some general administrative duties for other departments as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process, submit, and pick up building permits
- Compile Start Packages for the Builders & Trade Partners (plans, specs, permits, etc.)
- Data entry and database maintenance
- Ensure Warranty issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Contribute to the refinement of processes as they relate to your responsibilities
- Communicate with other departments as needed to ensure flow of information between employees is open and efficient
- Uses company software to monitor scheduling and maintain an efficient workflow
- Effective communicator, both written and verbal. Encourages use of email for documentation and record keeping.
- Creates & manages Warranty reports and metrics
- Assists with special projects as requested and performs additional duties as required
- Adaptability and flexibility to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with the ability to coordinate several activities simultaneously.
- Decisiveness and problem-solving abilities to select alternative courses of action within budget limitations.
- Attention to detail so that reports are accurate and timely
- Superior organizational skills and ability to follow up
- Customer service-oriented with good interpersonal skills; good verbal and written communication skills for interaction with a variety of people both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to read blueprints and specification and selections documents.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- High School or College graduate
- At least 3 years of related residential construction experience with a good knowledge of the home building industry.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and a clean driving record
- Ability to pass Drug Screening
- Ability to meet goals and deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude
- Strong work ethic, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Copes well under pressure
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
SALARY & BENEFITS
- Base Salary will be commensurate with experience
- Bonus program available, tied to warranty goals and performance metrics
- Medical and Dental paid by employer at 100%
- 401k eligibility after 1 year
- Paid Vacation eligibility
- Great corporate culture and working environment.
To apply for this position, please email a copy of your resume to Mike Crawford at [email protected] with “Construction Coordinator” in the subject line.